Thursday, April 18, 2024

EA7/MA-105, Rábita de Torrox - 698m, 2 points

 A straightforward activation on a quiet hill

I parked just off the road near the start of an ascending track (just above the middle of the 2nd photo below).


 

The walk up was straightforward, but the track was not obvious or marked - I just kept walking upwards towards the summit.  Once at the top there was a trig point and plenty of space to set up.  There was no evidence of anyone else having walked here for many months so a private activation is almost guaranteed!




I managed my hightest QSO count to date, with 23 on 20m then 11 on 15m, including one transatlantic QSO with N4EX.

Next Activation: Scotland April 2024: GM/CS-086



No comments:

Post a Comment

GM/ES-038, Creagan a'Chaise - 722m, 4 points | 19th April 2024

  Pleasant walk to a windy summit with plenty of activation space  There are walks documented to this summit from Cromdale but I chose the s...