Thursday, April 18, 2024

EA7/MA-053, Pico del Puerto - 1230m, 6 points

 A pleasant well marked walk to a large summit area

I parked on the main road near the pedestrian bridge.  This bridge spanned the high point/pass between Malaga and Granada provinces, and looked like it once supported a train line.  I took the bridge over the main road and picked up the path to the right of a shed:


The steep path up the hill was well marked and then levelled out with post markers to show the way:


The walk to the summit is just over a kilometer, and once there offered a large potential activation area.  A convenient post provided support for my Sotapole.


I had 22 QSOs on 20m, then decided to try the 40m linked dipole option on 15m (which should in theory be close to resonance on this band).  I was surprised it worked so well, and had a further 6 QSOs on 15m, including my first transatlantic SOTA QSO with KF9D.

Next activation: MA-078

No comments:

Post a Comment

GM/ES-038, Creagan a'Chaise - 722m, 4 points | 19th April 2024

  Pleasant walk to a windy summit with plenty of activation space  There are walks documented to this summit from Cromdale but I chose the s...