Thursday, April 18, 2024

EA7/MA-103, Benthomiz - 708m, 2 points

 In February 2024 I visited Southern Spain, staying at Torre Del Mar and activated 6 SOTA summits including one for the first time:

EA7/MA-103, Benthomiz - 708m, 2 points

An easy activation with good road almost to the top

I drove to Arenas and then took the concrete road that ascends almost to the summit.  I left the car near the crossroad and took the 10 minute walk up to the summit.

Benthomiz is the site of a ruined Castle.  There is plenty of space to activate, with convenient trees and walls to attach the antenna.  I did not suffer any QRM from the masts.


I had 21 QSOs on 20m, then 4 on 40m.

No comments:

Post a Comment

GM/ES-038, Creagan a'Chaise - 722m, 4 points | 19th April 2024

  Pleasant walk to a windy summit with plenty of activation space  There are walks documented to this summit from Cromdale but I chose the s...